Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Gratituesday: Reconnecting

This past Sunday was rainy and cool, but it was one of the better Lord's Days' I've enjoyed in the time since we've moved. We had been searching for a congregation to be a part of.  We visited one that was only 15 minutes away a few times, and found the people were friendly and truth was taught there. But it just didn't feel like home. I talked with a dear friend of mine and was reminded that she and her family worship about twenty minutes away from us. We walked into the building and it was like old home week! Familiar faces, pure acceptance. The congregation is small. As in less than twenty people so far. The hubs will most likely get a chance to lead singing there, something he hasn't had a chance to do often in years. Perhaps he will take a turn or two at teaching as well.  J is happily accepted here. The youngest child at the worship service, a seven year old, made friends with him. That makes this mama very happy.  And me? I'm not sure what my role will be in this new congregation. Perhaps I will get a chance to teach the children's class. Whatever I get to do, I will do to God's glory.

What about you? What are you grateful for today? I'd love to hear from you. This post is shared withHeavenly Homemakers' Gratituesday

church photo: Church Icon icon-church.png

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that a great feeling? That's how we felt when we first arrived at our church almost two years ago -- right at home. :-) May the Lord bless you (and use you to bless others) at your new "home"!

    ReplyDelete